Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Calm Before the Storm

Before the fiery, fiery storm.

We are closely approaching the time of year when I go from bragging about the awesome weather here to complaining about how I'm about to burst into flames.

I'm trying to have a better attitude about it this year. Trying to be happy :) We may not have A/C in our car, but we do in our house. I will be brown and tan and my face will soon be stuffed with sno cones. Mmmmm sno cones. There will be pool lounging and volleyball bumping. And camping! We have big plans to get mega use out of our little tent, just as soon as we get some sleeping bags. And climbing? Oh yes, there will be climbing.

We may miss our beloved lakes when it gets to be this time of year, but we are still happy to be desert rats for the time being. So when it's 110 and I'm complaining and whining and dreaming of Lake Michigan, I will go get a giant sno cone and bask in the beauty of the fiery red rocks and gladly pay my dues for a mild, warm winter ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment