Thursday, April 24, 2014

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Awkward:
  • Waking up at 2 am in a lake of very cold ice water in my bed. I fell asleep while icing my back/hip and clearly the Ziploc baggies couldn't handle it. SO cold and SO wet. Then my hip hurt, not from pain but from how ice cold it was (and for how long it had been that cold). As you know, we've since made better ice bags. Brrrr
  • A large group of people hiking up to the wall where we were climbing didn't expect to be attacked by a giant fluffy black bear. They didn't see us and didn't think anyone was there... until Rukia went barreling towards them and scared the crap out of them. They were good sports about it and ended up playing with her so it was all pretty funny in the end.
  • The crabbiest lady IN THE WORLD (yup, I'm feeling dramatic today, but seriously, crabby pants) yelled at me at the nursing home yesterday, telling me to pull my shirt down because she could see almost an inch of my back (no, my butt was NOT hanging out!). I just laughed as she told me I was offending her and the guy sitting next to her. He responds "I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. But now that you mention it... nope, it doesn't bother me".
Awesome:
  • The Sno Cone shacks are open! Let summer officially begin!
  • Getting a gross looking pizza from Dominos and then having them give us a second one for free. Nothing wrong with one pizza per person.
  • Moving the TV in to our bedroom. We've discovered we really could mange just fine in a loft.
  • We have consistently been in the 80's this month.
  • Tax Returns! Procrastinating our taxes means we've successfully "saved" enough money for our crazy months of May/June.

No comments:

Post a Comment