Thursday, December 13, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Let's me be real for a minute. This week, and last week for that matter, haven't been so much awkward or awesome as it's just been kinda sucky. Sorry Aunt Joleen, it's "inhaled vigorously". I'm determined to make up for the less than stellar start to December and bring back some Christmas cheer to our house.

Instead of boring you with my pity party let's move on to something a little more fun...

Are you all so excited to hear about Brittany? She's psycho. For reals. I want to make a video of her. I'm pretty sure positive that she's high all the time so I don't think she'd notice or mind.

Awkward:

  • Brittany knocking on our door every day. Every. Single. Freaking. Day. A couple days ago she knocked 3 times in an hour period. I ignored every knock.

  • How Brittany knocks. She stands at our door and does this pathetic, quiet knock that lasts like 15 seconds. It may not sounds like a long time but try it. Seriously, right now, knock on your desk/table/counter/whatevs for 15 seconds without stopping. It's a long time people.

  • Finally getting angry enough to go an answer Brittany's ridiculous knocks only to have her not be there! She gives us the 15 seconds to answer the door and if we don't come immediately she runs back into her apartment. Slamming her door every time.

  • Jumping up so fast to answer the door the next time she knocked that I scared Rukia. When I answered she was bawling and crying all over herself. I lost my nerve. I couldn't tell her "no" flat out. I made up some lame lie instead about why I couldn't give her our Internet password.

  • Jumping up off the couch to answer the door on Sunday, Sooooooo ready for Brittany. She knocked that morning before church, then woke us up while we were napping. No matter what this girl wanted the answer was no. I was fuming when I whipped open the door, only to find my sweet visiting teacher there with banana bread for us. I tried to recover but she looked confused at the crazy, angry lady answering the door.
Awesome:
  • My Parents. They rock.
  • Refusing to pay an extra $100 in rent when renewing our contract and they actually listened. $30 more is a much better compromise.
  • They towed the raper van outside our house.
  • Debi's Brownie Recipe.
  • This Van we saw at the Grocery Store. You know you want it.


Anything Awkward or Awesome happen this week?

5 comments:

  1. that van is so on my awesome list. =)

    The boys and I will be boarding a plane soon in search of holidays with loved ones and snow-- oh my goodness we may just freeze our little island toes off, but I wanted to stop by here first, to:

    Thank you for being a sweet part of last week's An Aloha Affair.
    And, to personally invite you to join us again today.

    Cheers,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed a little when I read this post. Hard to believe you have such an odd neighbor. You will probably look back on it when you are old and have a good chuckle! From your newest follower! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's time to stop being nice to Brittany at least it would be for me. I also have an annoying neighbor that makes my skin crawl every time I see her and she's not near as annoying as Brittany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaaaat? I would call the cops of Brittany. I have a few annoying neighbors. One is on drugs or something and is out on the road along the side of my house screaming to herself all the time and I live in a "safe" and quiet neighborhood so I ended up calling the cops on her after so many times of being nice. You gotta stand up for yourself!! Can't she take a hint? Psycho ...seriously psycho!!

    I hope you are having a lovely week my dear and thank you so much for linking up to last week's Aloha Friday Blog Hop.

    If you have time, we'd love to have you come back and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that van!! And Brittany....seriously?

    ReplyDelete