Thursday, March 29, 2012

Awkward and Awesome Thursday!


Awkward:
  • The giant bruise that's engulfing my left hip. It's pretty impressive and pretty tender.
  • I think that I bruised my ribs on the left side during the epic fail of a crash on my bike. At any rate they hurt when I do anything that requires any kind of core strength, which is pretty much everything. Breathing deeply is no fun and sneezing is just plain ridiculous.
  • I won't say who, but someone from church has asked us where we moved from a total of three times now. Now this wouldn't really be a big deal except this person is from Michigan too! You think a little detail like that would stick with him. Especially since we talked about it for years the first Sunday we were there. Each time we talk about it he is surprised and excited and tells us the same, exact stories. It's starting to make me look ridiculous because as he asks where we're from I look at him, then look at Chad, and then slowly answer him. I'm sure I look like I have no idea where I'm from when instead I just am in disbelief that this is happening again.
  • I have no idea how to interact with nursery kids. I'm supposed to teach the Easter lesson and I have no idea what to do. I don't know what they understand or what is fun for them or anything. All I know is they like to hit people and throw things. I'm already anticipating the awkwardness that will ensue.
  • Poor Chad didn't have any scantrons for his test this morning. He should have but he was super nice and lent one to a classmate that didn't have one last time. So he stopped at the bookstore this morning to pick one up. Class starts at 9 and the bookstore opens at 10. fail. After running around campus, talking to the very slow person at the library and the student service center, he finally was able to cross the whole of campus to buy some scantrons and then sprint back to class to take the test. Good way to mentally prepare for a test yeah?

Awesome:

  • Homemade Angel Food Cake. YUM! It's our new obsession and doesn't last longer than 24 hours in our house.
  • Passed my drug test! Woot!
  • Our garden is growing! Almost everything we planted has a little something something going now. Now to keep it going...
  • Our first quinoa recipe was a success, even the leftovers were delish!
  • Every morning our cats now sit by the door and beg to be let out onto our patio. As soon as I let them they bolt outside and immediately dive into the dirt and roll around. It's very funny to watch.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the garden, the person with the michigan connection has me cracking up. I have a 4 year old and still freak out about teaching his class. If you can involve play-doh, bubbles or water colors...you're golden.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, I need all the ideas/help I can get!

      Delete